An year of Metamorphosis!
Since the last post, life has been overhauled. It's been six months, and life is completely different now. A lot has happened in these six months, and I cannot relate to myself anymore. The person I was before April and the person I am now are two completely different human beings! Definitely, I have become more boring than earlier.
This year has been the year of firsts! Many things happened for the first time with me, and I did many new things.
- Getting fired
- Vipassana
- Living in negative temperatures with basic means
- Not planning anything
- Noble silence for 9 days (Trust me the best time of life)
- Living without a phone, internet, and family
- Lived at an altitude of 3500+ mtrs from sea level
- Rushed mom to emergency for cardiac care
- Went on a trip with my Angel
- Welcomed a baby girl in the family. The first daughter after me! When she was born, no one in the family knew what rituals we had for a baby girl, as the ones who did all of them when I was born are no longer, and even my mother isn't aware of most of them.
Nevertheless, with so many new things, I believe the most important one is being calm. I have never felt so calm before, and I do now. There are times when I can really see through the other person getting agitated and about to get into an argument while I am the calmest self I have ever been. Thus, I can navigate through the arguments without offending or being offended.
So, yes, all these new things taught me, shaped me, and groomed me into a "New ME" :D
Probably, am at more peace now than I used to be earlier. At the same time, I am quieter, rarely relate to a lot of family discussions, and most of the time I end up saying not more than 10 words in a conversation.
I used to think that I was detached earlier too, but nowadays it is at another level. It is scary at the same time, it is peaceful!
Interestingly, whenever I used to speak with my angel, and we used to talk about our memories, the times that we had spent together, she would always comment, that I remember a lot, this time when we went on the trip and again were discussing something about the things we have done together, it was her who remembered more than me. I felt like, I had a memory loss! Phew! Well, that trip deserves a full write-up separately, hence won't write much about it here.
This year has been a year of transformation. A metamorphosis, that has happened! At times, it is difficult to explain to people around, them what and how things or perspectives have changed. I hope people around have appreciated it for good. Dont know for others, but my mother is definitely happy with this transformation in my personality. There are a few who are surely not aligned, as I could see through them and would not entertain them as much as I used to earlier.
Having said it all, I preferred to be a mystery, as my angel had once mentioned, "She would be happiest to be a mystery"! and as Franz Kafka has rightly said,
I never wished to be easily defined. I'd rather float over other people's minds as something strictly fluid and non-perceivable; more like a transparent, paradoxically iridescent creature rather than an actual person.
~Franz Kafka