Turning 30

Saturday night it is, after a day full of happenings, I ended up watching this movie; which I wanted to since long but somehow missed it.

Turning 30 (2011) an average Bollywood movie (don't worry, this post is not a movie review ;) but more about what it made me think); somewhere pinched me. I could totally relate to the monologues of the lead throughout the movie.

Movie opens with a strong career oriented woman who is hopelessly in love with a spineless guy; who doesn't have balls to claim his love and ends up getting engaged to some other girl. Our lady , loses the guy right around her 30th birthday ; and during her break-up phase while she deals with harassment at workplace, one of her friends happens to read her random diary entries. On friend's insistence, the articles eventually shape up into a book "Turning 30".

Though movie was just an average watch, but is quite inspiring one; how to deal with failures irrespective of who understands you, which side of the table you are and where you want to go to. It's all in your head; it’s all your perspective which makes a tiny affair big thing; or treating a big deal like a mundane thing.

It’s just a few months, I turned 30; and it was surely a big deal for people around me more than it was for me. Some congratulating me while rest reminding that am running short of time for certain expected things ( I would call them "tasks" ) of life. A few wanted to make it special for me; while I was like "It's just another day in life"; and a few reminded me, somewhere I am missing the train of life; and I was like "Leave me people, it's my life let me decide what and how’s of it! " . Alas, my attempts were ignored; and people succeeded in making it special with the reminder that I need to hurry up for certain stations of the train of life. :)

The things which I failed to understand that day, understood today after watching the movie. I could totally relate to the line "There is a phase in life when no one understands you, none of your boyfriends/partners ,friends, soul buddies, parents, colleagues. , etc. actually no one means no one in the world understands you; in fact not even you yourself."  This is the time when you want things which are contradicting; which cannot co-exist in life. You might be asking for life and death simultaneously without knowing that you are asking for two things which cannot exist in your life. You have to choose one from them and live it. Icing on the cake comes, when you do not know what you want; or you want everything. At this point even tossing the coin doesn't help; as at every new iteration you are asking for something new.

For me, I still do not know what I really wish for; or may be I know and do not want to accept it. Somewhere deep down my heart, I know it but also know that the things I wish can never happen. Even a miracle cannot make it happen! And I still need to learn to deal with it. ...

Popular posts from this blog

Oops Apprendo

You Are More Than the Mind

An year of Metamorphosis!