Memoirs ... all the way from Pune!
This is a late post, thanks to Divya, for inspiring the writer in me to pen down my experience of the Pune city.
I moved to Pune from NCR in June 2015, with a few apprehensions about the place. I had heard a lot about this city (from a few friends who stayed there), and had crossed it a couple of times while travelling by road, but had never visited. At the same time, i was excited too, as this was the first step to a new era of life!
Early days of this city were full of exploring the place, culture, learning a new language and developing some habits. I tried to capture a few in one of my post . Couple of things which i learnt about myself while i was in this city:
a) I could Dance, and became a certified Salsa dancer! (Well i can count this as an achievement of my life!, one thing which i would definitely want to have in my eulogy (if it is ever written) :P )
b) With this place, i started writing reviews on Zomato; i.e. officially became a food blogger! :)
c) This city really got the foodie out in me. :P
d) Made some new friends, revived some old friendships for life!
e) Explored the introvert side of mine! I never knew that i could survive with only myself and no one around.
f) The scenic views from my balcony, which could have made anyone miss their beloved!
I moved to Pune from NCR in June 2015, with a few apprehensions about the place. I had heard a lot about this city (from a few friends who stayed there), and had crossed it a couple of times while travelling by road, but had never visited. At the same time, i was excited too, as this was the first step to a new era of life!
Early days of this city were full of exploring the place, culture, learning a new language and developing some habits. I tried to capture a few in one of my post . Couple of things which i learnt about myself while i was in this city:
a) I could Dance, and became a certified Salsa dancer! (Well i can count this as an achievement of my life!, one thing which i would definitely want to have in my eulogy (if it is ever written) :P )
b) With this place, i started writing reviews on Zomato; i.e. officially became a food blogger! :)
c) This city really got the foodie out in me. :P
d) Made some new friends, revived some old friendships for life!
e) Explored the introvert side of mine! I never knew that i could survive with only myself and no one around.
f) The scenic views from my balcony, which could have made anyone miss their beloved!
g) Attended Durga Puja Pandal for the first time, typical Bengali style! Thanks to my sweet Bengali friend! :)
h) Going out to a restaurant all alone, taking corner table from where you can have a glance over entire place, observing people while having your favourite desert! Wow, i will miss this forever.
i) Drive, Drive and drive. I could never imagine myself driving in and out of city so much; and that too all alone! :D (Well i got my first car here!)
j) This place is heaven not only during monsoons, but also in other seasons of the year!
k) Calmness in the airs of the city, helped me take bold and life changing decisions.
l) I loved stargazing while the sky was clear!
m) Witnessed a new culture altogether!
Wooowww!!! i think this list is going to be a never ending one!
Out of the all the beautiful things that happened to me in Pune, most memorable ones are going to be the best times spent with some friends, moments which made me realize how special am i, time when everyone around wanted to put that smile on my face, and strengthen me to face the world, once again!
Though have moved to Mumbai, city of dreams, Pune will hold a special place in my heart.
I have stayed in a lot of places, given a chance i would definitely like to keep Pune as one of the options to settle post retirement! Guess a bunglow in Mahabaleshwar or Lavasa is worth the price! ;)
This marks the 100th post on this blog!!!
Cheers
Khushi





