A perfect Sunday evening!

 For an introvert like me, a perfect Sunday evening is, "Be on your own, no obligation to see or speak to anyone. Chill, while watching something, reading, or just listening to music. I did all these three things today!" And I had one such evening today! After a loooong time. 

The last few weeks have been overloaded with too many social engagements, family affairs, and festivities, and hardly getting any "me time" to recharge. I need such peaceful evenings to keep myself sane. I have been out of my place for the past 5 weeks, only came back last week, and thus the first evening in more than 45 days, where I could be just myself. 

Well, last month was the birthday month. A few friends had asked me, "What did I wish for this birthday?". I was like, last year I had wished to have a simple meal without pain or painkillers, this year all I wish is a simple day. No show sha, no party. This year it was the exact opposite of what I would have ever wanted. It was a day that literally kept me on my toes. It happened to be a Hindu festival, which my family wanted to celebrate fully, and I had a working birthday (I guess only the second time in my entire professional career),  and a friend "The Free Bird" was kind enough to show up near office to catch up over a birthday lunch. A lunch which I wanted to go on for a long period, and had been asking her for, just her and me, so a wish was actually granted to me that day!  Thank you "The Free Bird". :) 

Of, course, my team at the office, ensured that it was special, these guys tried hard to make it a surprise for me, and probably succeeded too, to an extent. And then an evening with extended family, a festival to celebrate. Technically, this year, my birthday as per the Indian calendar coincided with the English calendar, A day that brought too many reasons to celebrate! Probably this is the first time, am writing about my own birthday like this, as I never liked thinking about it or talking about it. This year, My Angel had asked me about the same, and once again she said "She was surprised knowing it, as she always felt I look forward to my own birthdays!" As per her, she drew this inference was, coz every year I was busy planning a trip around it" " This came as a surprise to me. Once again, it was me telling her something new about me, and she deducing, "How are you so aware of yourself?"

Since am writing about it here, probably this makes the Sunday evening, actually a perfect evening! :D 


Popular posts from this blog

Oops Apprendo

You Are More Than the Mind

An year of Metamorphosis!