Otsaliheliga
Otsaliheliga is the word used by Native Americans or the Cherokee people to express Gratitude or "We Are Grateful"!
For me, this weekend was kind of one.
Did a couple of things, that I probably should be doing more often, and were fulfilling, had a calming effect overall,
- I slept for more than 15 hours.
- Went for a walk (getting back on track)
- Spent some time at a center dedicated to differently-abled kids
- Helped them the way I could with their studies
Though I don't believe in sharing what we do to give back to society, today I would like to share this feeling of gratification and fulfillment I have right now, after doing the abovementioned things.
Yesterday when I came back from the walk, I was happy. Happy as I had hit the track after so long, happy as I could finish 5km in one go, and a bit disappointed as I took more than an hour to finish 5km. (Earlier I could do 10 km in 100 min).
Today, while I was at that center, I realized how stupid we are. We keep on fighting for random things, things we probably won't even remember a few months/years down the line. During the entire activity, it happened that some kids held my hand randomly with a request in their eyes, not that they knew me, but somewhere their eyes had confidence that their requests would be fulfilled. It was a different feeling. For those few seconds, I could feel the power of doing something for someone. Having the courage to do something for a stranger, leaves you with a different feeling. We were at the center for hardly an hour, but that hour was different. First few minutes, we were not sure, how to get through things, but then one of those kids just said, food is yummy and thanked me for serving, it was a beautiful moment.
The smiles on those faces made the visit worth it.
It was the Free Bird's idea to visit and do something around this, and she ensured that we executed the plan as well! Thanks, lady! :)
Most of our time goes into cribbing or feeling bad about things that didn't happen. We rarely think or appreciate the things that have happened. And Gratitude is probably as uncommon as Common Sense
This weekend was one such weekend, full of gratitude and some good things.