Tranquility at last!

It seems like ages, when I sat like this last time, just being myself, with myself, free from everything i.e. no plans in the pipeline for the day, waking up without an alarm snooze, with a cup of green tea, fav playlist on the go in background, can listen to the kids playing in the playground just below my balcony, feel the breeze in face and enjoy the sun on a winter day....! In short, calm, relaxed, happy being in my own space. Feels like this is happening for the first time since I moved to this city. Strange it is! 

I was yearning for some "me time" since long; and finally I got this today, after declining three invites in a day .. :P Guess it was worth it! ;) 

Coming to all the things happened in past few weeks, went for an all-girls trip (which was for sure due for almost an year!) with my besties; celebrated occasions of life with all new people (though every celebration is incomplete without My Pole star and Angel); for the first time participating in a family function actively which means dancing and performing; spoke my heart and mind after a long when was home; spent some quality time with Mom; achieving something when you put all the efforts and the efforts payback... ; definitely was on toes all the time but loved it. Of course, it drained me out physically and mentally, at the same time made me celebrate life and being myself. 

Last week when I was home, some relative asked me , "beta mann lag gaya Pune mei ? " ; and before I could respond, my mom was like "aap mann ki baat kar rahe ho ? iske paas time heen nahi hai waha to ....bas hamesha kuch na kuch naya, naye log, naye friends, nai jagah ... kaha time hai iske paas ki soche ki mann laga ya nahi " .... And I was speechless! Icing on the cake was, out of all the things my mom mentioned, no where she had the complaint in her voice (which the relative pointed out, this was my first visit to home in last 6 months)...! And she was happy and content. I think that's what being a parent is. You miss your child, you want them to be around you all the time; but at the same time you want them to be happy and their happiness becomes your strength. And, when this happens, it is a proud moment for you as a daughter. 

Though a travelogue is long pending which I promised one of my friends, hopefully will finish it soon. Have been thinking on getting serious with this writing stuff (ya I know my posts are all the way very serious and lack humor) let's see what the time holds in for me!  


Popular posts from this blog

Oops Apprendo

You Are More Than the Mind

An year of Metamorphosis!